As an elite competitive powerlifter, handstand activist, and movement practitioner, I know that there is more than one way to skin a cat. My background is hugely varied, from marathons, triathlons, and trail running, through Les Mills group fitness instructing, to powerlifting and Olympic lifting. Despite the variety, there is one element that is essential for all disciplines: safe and efficient movement.
Having been a successful personal trainer since 2013, I’ve recently upskilled by returning to university to study physiotherapy. My focus is ensuring that your movement is safe and effective so you can achieve your goals and live stronger for longer.
We do things your way: we start wherever you are, and make a plan together to fit your training in around your lifestyle. That’s not to say that you won’t find it challenging: if you want results, you’ve got to make some changes.
My personal athletic highlights include achieving a gold medal at the 2017 IPL Drug-Tested World Championships (1st female open 52kg), and assisting clients to achieve their own New Zealand national powerlifting records.
- Currently completing BHS (Physiotherapy) AUT (2022)
- FIA Fitnation Certificate IV in Fitness (Personal Training) (2014)
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 (2018)
- Animal Flow Level 2 Certified Coach (2017)
- Metafit Certified Coach (2016)
- MetaPWR Certified Coach (2017)
- Physical Impact Kettlebell L1 (2016)
- Les Mills Bodypump instructor (2011)
- Les Mills Bodybalance instructor (2013)
- Les Mills RPM Advanced Instructor Module 1 (2013)
- Les Mills Sprint instructor (2016)
Special Areas of Interest
- Strength training
- Movement competency
- Animal Flow